Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I voted today


October 27, 2008, I voted today by absentee ballot. I didn’t shed a tear and wondered why. I thought I would feel much more emotional but didn’t. I voted today for a presidential candidate who is of African descent and I think one reason I wasn’t as emotional is that I expected to have that opportunity in my lifetime.

Although I shed no tears filling out my ballot, when I read stories like these…..well just grab the Kleenex box.

From NC early voting stories
. "Most people seem happy, and African-Americans seem downright giddy," she said. "One woman told me she'd gone to her family's ancestral home, collected soil from the ground where her grandparents had walked, and rubbed a little bit of it on her ballot. She wanted them to share in this experience with her."

No comments: